Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Our apartment

I'm so over my little apartment. By this I mean, I'm over the clutter and disorganization. Senator said it some time ago and said it well, "we need to do better". You know it is bad when one partner speaks to the other about the mess the both of you have made. As the move quickly approaces, I have become increasingly annoyed by all the junk we have seemed to accumulate. In 2010 I did two major yard sales and my first of many shred events. So why on earth do I still have ...
Storage space in my kitchen that looks like this

A living room/office space that looks like this


A bedroom corner and closet that look like this

Thanks to Valentine's Day and having plans to seduce my husband, it is not as bad as it was. All those clothes you see used to be all over our bedroom floor and all over the living room floor and couches. We literally had only two of the three cushions to sit on on the long sofa and the two hard chairs at the dining room table. On the plus side, the floors are vacuumed, and the furniture is dusted. April is sure to bring more that Spring Cleaning for me. It will surely bring a full-on purge. Do you think I'm an idiot for wanting to get rid of our couches?

Their old, used, not very fashionable, but dreadfully comfortable. Dreadfully. I was thinking of doing a bit of DIY and maybe reupholstering them. What do you think? Do you have any ideas to share? You see the Senator up there. He is over the clutter too. I think the move has got me in some kind of i-need-to-get-rid-of-the-old-and-buy-new mode, which is not a good look for our budget and savings plan. I was having a discussion with my pastor's wife today and she said to me, "better to have one bird in the hand, than two in the bush". After much confusion, she finally just looked at me and said, "don't sell anything you can't afford to buy again". Don't know if it is the best advice I have ever gotten, but it is useful. I want to sell that huge bookcase thing in our kitchen. I want to sell the little roller cart in our kitchen. I want to sell and/or do something really cool with our desk, and I want to sell those book cases. Their hubbies and from like, high school or something. He has a strange attachment to the black one. I want furniture that matches, and Oh! I want new dishes as well. Antique white. I have concluded that I want a lot... and since I want so much, I need to continue to save our money, and make a very detailed wish list complete with links for references.

Do you like my Valentine's Day bouquet!? They made me so happy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...