Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Home Buying #fail

So as you may know, the Senator and I are oh-so-close to completing the process with our home buying program. We have to save roughly $5k. We had over half, BUT it's gone now. Most of it went to MVA administrative fees and the cities of New Carrollton and Riverdale. What we had left, we paid some other bills. I feel like such a failure. I feel like every time we get close, something pops up and we get set back once again. This time the pressure is indeed on, though. We have to move out by April, and as far as plans look, I don't see us moving into our first home. It's so stressful... I can't bear to even think of the other options that lie before us. Grant it. We won't be completely homeless, we can rent again, but how feasible will that be!? I was hoping we would be at least 3-6 months out (i.e. looking at homes) and have all the logistics out of the way. Every day I sit down and attempt to get the budget in order, find out the exact number we need to save, organize receipts, pay overdue medical bills, upload pay stubs, blah, blah, blah.... and I get overwhelmed and quit. I can't help to believe this is the universe's way of letting me know that though I desire to own a home, I'm just not disciplined enough. Period. Now the only hard part about that is accepting that fact.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...