Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Things have C-H-A-N-G-E-D!

On November 19, I fired my client. Since about a week after I started, It had been an on-going battle with the two of us. Though he was never there, he was still.... there. After several weeks of deliberation, prayer, and a smidgen of fasting, I decided to give my letter of resignation. Surprisingly, I was relieved. I could not explain the weight lifted off my shoulders as I handed owner-of-small-vosb my letter and said in a small, yet firm tone "I told you I'd have a decision to you by today". I don't know what he was thinking, except the look on his face when he had opened it and made an about-face (is that the correct term/spelling) back to my desk to say to me that "...we need to discuss this...". I can't explain why for any particular reason my contract with small vosb didn't work. I feel like it was a myriad of things. I had just come to the place in my life where I worked damn hard to build a business to serve people, and I can't, I mean just can't stand to be in a place where I"m moving toward those particular goals. Does that sound smug, I don't know.

I mean, one day soon, in the near future, we'll be having kids and I just don't want to be someplace chasing money, ... I want to contribute to society and build my company resume, but not at the cost of my psychological sanity. I told my therapist, and for a hot second I placed her in a parental position, even though I know she's completely objective (or tries to be anyway). Now, the hunt is on for a new contract. Something that really offers my flexibility.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...