Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Weekend Recap

This past weekend the Senator and I spent the three days and two nights at the Nemacolin Woodlans Golf Resort . It was bliss. The weather was great, the company was awesome, and the time off with one another was the icing on the cupcakes. I do enjoy when we get an opportunity to spend time together. I come home refreshed and ready to tackle anything. Which may come in handy tomorrow at the office.

If you follow me on twitter you know that I have named my co-workers, cowrkr1, cowrkr2, cowrkr3, etc. Cowrkr1 and 2 both work in the same office with me and cowrkr3 works in the office down the hall. Last Tuesday cowrkr1 came to work with some kind of cough-flu-germ-thing. After much debate, she decided it was best to go to the doctors. Later that day she was ambitious enough to call and let us know that her doctor had diagnosed her with bronchitis. This nominated her to two days off. She came back on Friday, still not well. Not because she had gotten worse, but because she had spent $120 on medicine she DID NOT TAKE for reasons I will choose not to disclose, as I can certain they will open a can of religious worms I would rather not deal with. Cowrkr2 and myself inquired if she was well which sparked an entirely different side of her. This side came with lots of yelling and slamming of doors in the office, followed by her abruptly abandoning her desk and job once again. Cowrkr2 was sure she had shot herself in the foot, but I was not deceived. She was coming back. I could feel it. Sure enough not even an hour later, we get an email from boss man stating that cowrkr1 would be in on Monday. I expect we'll have a meeting of some sort and I'm determined that I will no longer become frustrated with these people. It's my job to go in, be awesome, gain the experience I'm looking to gain for my company portfolio and in time, roll out. My last comment on the matter is. It is not my company. It is boss man's.

This coming Saturday, MIL, SIL's mom (Step-FIL's ex-wife), BIL's gf, D, and myself are all planning to surprise SIL with a baby shower. I'm making cupcakes. Since beginning my cooking challenge, I honestly feel I can do anything. This weekend while watching my ritual Cooking Channel, Gidia of Everyday Italian made cupcakes filled with strawberry cream. SIL's baby shower cake is marble. She is a chocoholic and I was thinking of making marble cupcakes. What do you think? I hope for them to look something like this


I want to make my own icing. I will do a trial run and take them to the office. Any other ideas?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...